Haram (Unlawful) Items
Haram is the opposite of Halal, which means unlawful. The following items have been categorically spelled
out as being Haram by jurists in light of the Holy Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet Mohammad s.a.w. :
List of Haram MATERIAL (Main Haram Elements)
- Pigs, boars, dogs and their generation.
- Carnivorous animals with claws and fangs such as lions, tigers, bears, snakes, monkeys and other similar
- Birds of prey with claws such as eagles, vultures, and other similar birds.
- Pests such as rats, centipedes, scorpions and other similar animals.
- Animals forbidden to be killed in Islam, i.e., ants, bees and woodpecker birds.
- Animals which are considered repulsive generally like lice, flies, maggots and other similar animals.
- Animals that live both on land and in water (amphibians) such as frogs, crocodiles and other similar
- Mules and domestic donkeys.
- All poisonous and hazardous aquatic animals.
- Any other animals not slaughtered according to Islamic Law.
- Dead animals due to strangulation, a blow to the head (as in clubbing), a headlong fall, natural causes
(carrion), being gored or attacked by another animal.
- Part(s) of human body or by-product such as placenta.
- Any thing liquid or solid came out from human or animal hollow such as urine, faeces, vomit and pus.
- Intoxicating and hazardous plants except where the toxin or hazard can be eliminated during processing.
- Alcoholic drinks (Wine, Ethyl Alcohol, and Spirits.
- All forms of intoxicating and hazardous drinks.
- All food additives derived from above Items.
- Any intoxicating and hazardous chemicals or natural mineral.
Halal Certification now, click here!