Scheme For Product Manufacturer (SCH-1)
Reference documents (GSO 2055-1:2015, GSO 993:2015, UAE.S 2055-4:2015, MS 1500:2009)
1. GCC Countries
(Applicable Category code D, E, L, M, N as per GSO 2055-2:2015)
- The production process and the product must comply with general requirement of GSO 2055-1:2055
- The company must handle, supervise and process Halal product only at the manufacturing site. (as per
- The contents of raw material, processed product or additives must be Halal. The items must be similar
as per the list mentioned in the application form.
- The surrounding area must be clean and not be contaminated. Cleaning schedules must be proper and
- During production process, tools must be properly identifiable, organized and the place must be kept
- No third party contract manufacturing, except for Halal product only.
- Packaging materials must not be made of substances which are considered as najis (filthy) by Islamic
Laws and harmful to health.
- Packaging process must be handled hygienically in a perfect sanitation condition (as per GSO 1694).
- Every packaging must be clearly printed/labelled (asper GSO 9)for easy reading, long lasting
and the following information must be included.
- Name and/or product brand (as stated in Halal certificate)
- Ingredients quantity to be mentioned in Metric system
- List of ingredients
- Name and address of manufacturer and / or distributor and trade mark.
- Halal certification documents/declaration for third party ingredients if used in manufacturing.
- The equipment used must be free from anything which is considered as najis (filthy) by Islamic Laws,
not harmful and not making any side effect to the product.
- The factory area must be fenced or the organization/client may have a control system which can avoid
animals from entering the premise.
- Maximum limit for residues of ethyl alcohol(Ethanol) in food (as per GSO 2538)
- Extraction solvent and it’s residue limits in the production food stuffs and ingredients (as per GSO